A podcast on the journey to discovery through data in information security by Jay Jacobs and Bob Rudis. Episode 11: Talking Acorns, Barnyards & Maps with Jason Trost
In this episode, Jay & Bob talk Squirrels, Pigs & Maps with Preeminent Data Scientist Jason Trost from ThreatStream, and take a look at what's made the headlines in the data science community since last show.
- Watch the UNEDITED BLOOPER REEL!
- Jason Trost
- covert.io blog
- Clairvoyant Squirrel: Large Scale Malicious Domain Classification
- Binary Pig
- Binary Pig github repo
- Modern Honey Network
- Roll Your Own IP Attack Graphs with IPew
- Map or Don't Map
- DAVIX 2014 Released
- Lynn Cherny "roundup of recent text analytics & vis work"
- How a fraud detection algorithm consipred to ruin my recent trip
- Collecting all IPv4 WHOIS records in Python
- Linked Small Multiples
In This Episode
Data Driven Security
Welcome to Episode 11!
Introducing Jason Trost
Interesting Security Papers
Sweet Georgia on My Data Mind
ThreatStream & MHN
What's the Hardest Job?
Data Science Roundup
Map or Don't Map
Scrraping WHOIS for the entirety IPv4 space
Roundup of Datvis links
Fraud Detection & Ruined International Trips
Where in the world is Jason Trost?